Al Bowman XL’s Featured Tribesmen Of The Week.. has been one of the dope dudes on Instagram from the swag to visual aesthetic just on point. This XL’s Featured Tribesmen Of The Week was well deserved.
- Now that outside is opening what’s your plans for 2021?
- With outside opening back up, I plan to do a bit more personal traveling, participate in pop up shops for my business, as well as explore the job market while companies are in transition.
- What’s one misconception about Big & Tall Men that you hear often ? And what are you doing to change it ?
- One misconception about big & tall men is that we can’t pull off particular looks or specific items of clothing. I initially felt that way until I realized that clothing doesn’t make the man, the man makes the clothing. If anything, it takes more effort for big & tall men to shop for their looks. We have to order specific sizes online when they aren’t available in store and we typically have to get our clothes tailored or altered for a preferred look. I take additional time to shop and find brands that fit best as well as have a preferred tailor.
- If your favorite Big & Tall brand gave you a million dollars what would you do with it ?
- I would invest a portion of the one million dollars into my clothing brand, Affiliated Apparel Boutique. I would also invest in a community center in my hometown of Fayetteville, North Carolina. Lastly, I would make an effort to support as many blackowned businesses as possible.
- What’s been your worst shopping experience ? And why ?
- My worst shopping experience would have to be going into a store like Express and walking out empty-handed because I couldn’t find clothing in my size. The feeling of not being small enough to shop in a store is not a good one. Being told to shop somewhere else or only order online is one that I will never forget.
- What’s on your fashion bucket list ?
- My fashion bucket list currently consists of trying more vintage athletic looks for the summer and stepping into a casual “bummy chic” in the fall. I also plan to attend Coachella when things are back to normal.
Al Bowman XL’s Featured Tribesmen Of The Week
Affiliated Apparel Boutique
June 10, 2021
No Comment! Be the first one.