We’re back at it again y’all with XL FEATURED TRIBESMEN OF THE WEEK Dominique Isaac. We were digging through the Twitter streets and found a plus-size trainer.
- When the world stopped in 2020 what was some of your goal for that year? And how did you pivot?
- When the world stopped I was in the process of starting my personal training business and for the world to be on lockdown, I had to think quick on my feet. So I started doing virtual training. During that time I would record myself working out to show the people who looked like me to let them know to make your time useful even with being under lockdown. As a result, I’ve gained clientele and my training business started to take off.
- What’s one misconception about Big & Tall Men that you hear often ? And what are you doing to change it ?
- The biggest misconception that I’ve heard is that big & tall men don’t have a sense of fashion. Often times the selection of clothing for bigger men bare aren’t appealing, so it becomes discouraging when you go shopping. To change that discouragement, I look up to most plus size men on social media. My biggest inspiration is the rapper Rick Ross. His fashion sense fits my style, so I try to put together outfits like him and add my own twist to it.
- What do you do in your everyday life to help change the misconception of Big & Tall Men?
- Well as a plus size personal trainer, I make it my mission to go hard each day when I’m in the gym or by posting a dope pic to show off my outfit. I want to show the men who look like me that it’s cool to workout and it’s definitely dope to get you a fresh clean cut and put on some nice clothes. It’s all about building confidence and walking into it with your head held high.
- What’s been your worst shopping experience ? And why ?
- The worst experience for me was probably when I tried to jump into the skinny Jean fad when it was popping, and I remember finding my size and going to the dressing room happy to try them on and then when I seen how I looked in them I was highly upset. That’s when I said I had to make a change in my health and diet, because I wanted to look good in my clothes and not look like a snake had swallowed me whole.
- What’s on your fashion bucket list ?
- Some of my bucket list in fashion would be being featured in the big and tall section for an athletic clothing line like Nike, Fabletics, Adidas, and etc. I would love to be apart of the SavagexFenty line by Rihanna. I love how she shows love to the big men. Also, I would love to start my own athletic gear and lifestyle clothing line. I want to have gym attire and clothes to relax in for the big men. We need more representation and I feel like I can make these things happen.
Instagram fitness page: Coach_domdh
What's Your Reaction?
Hola Mi Tribesmen I guess I’ll start by introducing myself. I’m Kirklan Hawes the Founder and creator of XLTribe.com. This site was birthed from an old idea I had to create a community of like-minded guys that was tired of being miss represented and wanted to be displayed in the truest form. Changing the way Big & Tall Men are perceived is the goal for XLTribe.com.