Listen Our XL’s Featured Tribesmen Of The Week Roberto Paul explains to us what he thinks of menswear and some of his 2020 goals. Read below…
1. There are so many fashion brands available now, what do you still think is missing in menswear?
- I think fashion brands could still do a better job catering to bigger guys. My girlfriend is a plus-sized woman, and her experience shopping online and in stores is way better than mine. I think the fashion brands that aren’t catering to bigger guys are missing out on some serious revenue. The well dressed big man movement is growing and it can’t be stopped!
2. What are some of your personal 2020 goals ?
- One of my main goals of 2020 is expanding my style game. I have always been into male fashion and style, but I never really thought I could pull some of the looks off. Thankfully, social media has opened my eyes thanks to some of the Big & Tall male style influencers out there. So now I have this newfound confidence in how I dress, and I want to share it with the world, and hopefully inspire someone else, as others have done for me.
3. What are some of your favorite brands and why?
- Right now two of my favorite brands are Asos and boohooMAN because they have exclusive Big & Tall sections in their online stores and they are also affordable. If you are a bigger guy trying to up your style, those two brands will definitely help you get there.
4. How long have you been on the journey of being a Big & Tall man? What’s the biggest misconception you hear about Big & Tall Guys?
- I’ve been on this journey all of my life. Really started getting into style and fashion after high school, when I started reading GQ and following male fashion bloggers. Needles to say, I’ve come a long way since then, but the seeds were planted then. The biggest misconception I think regular people have about Big & Tall guys is that we don’t like wearing clothes that fit well. The department store big and tall sections are stuck in this mind frame that if you are bigger you must want your clothes to fit like a drape.
5. If you could swap styles with one celebrity who would it be and why?
- I’ve never thought about this, but off the top it would probably be someone like Idris Elba. He has that grown man dapper look down, and I think it would match my style.
Follow Our XL’s Featured Tribesmen Of The Week Roberto Paul @.
May 21, 2020
No Comment! Be the first one.