XL Featured Tribesmen Of The Week Darion Hughes. We hitting the ground running with 2022 NOW.
- When the world stopped in 2020 what was some of your goal for that year?
- When the world stopped in 2020, everything changed for me. I own a health and fitness business, so when people couldn’t work that also meant they didn’t have the available funds to pay for my services. However even though everything had abruptly stopped, it gave me a chance to deal with my mental health, such as my depression and anxiety. So my goal was to only worry about the things I could control, which is my mental health and I was able to get a better grip on it which was a huge goal of mine, and with the new found freedom I was able to dig into my passion for fashion.
- What’s one misconception about Big & Tall Men that you hear often ? And what are you doing to change it ?
- One of the biggest misconception about big and tall men that really irritate me is that we are unhygienic. That is not the case for a lot of us, honestly most big guys are really insecure about that subject; meaning that they will always go the extra mile to make sure they are clean, well groomed and smell great. Big guys will be some of the best smelling men that you know. So I am doing my part to end that stigma by making content on my YouTube and other social media platforms that debunk that myth.
- If your favorite Big & Tall brand gave you a million dollars what would you do with it ?
- If I were too get a million dollars from my favorite big and tall brand, I would inquire about owning a piece of said company and invest that money into different business ventures. Also that would be the only brand I would wear for the rest of my life lol.
- What’s been your worst shopping experience ? And why ?
- The worst shopping experience that I’ve ever had was when I went into this department store back in 2015. I asked the associate if they had a big and tall section, and the associate had a look of pure disgust on their face. They then answered my question with the following and I quote “We do not have a section like that, because we don’t make clothes for sloppy individuals who won’t put down the fork” I felt so ashamed and embarrassed back then, I didn’t have the self esteem I have now; back then. Needless to say I will never shop their nor ever do any business with them. Even though the associate does not own that company, they are a representation of what they believe in my opinion.
- What’s on your fashion bucket list ?
- Something that is on my fashion bucket list is to be apart of fashion week in Paris as a big and tall model too show that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.
Follow XL Featured Tribesmen Of The Week Darion Hughes @
Instagram Link: darion.hughes
November 21, 2021