XL’s Featured Tribe Men Of The Week Deonte Newsom
1. What are your biggest fashion obstacles?
– My biggest fashion obstacle is definitely finding clothes that fit properly. You know you go to a clothing store in hopes of that you’ll find something that compliments your body. Most times, they don’t have the size you need and may have it online. But you don’t get the convenience of trying it on before you buy it.
It’s a gamble online. You may buy something that fits you perfectly. But if you don’t, you have to go through the inconvenience of sending it back and waiting to get reimbursed. It’s just an overall hassle.
2. Where are you from and how do you describe your style?
– I am born and raised from Nashville, Tennessee. I would describe . To me, nothing compares to wearing a well-tailored suit. It’s sleek. It’s classy. But on the other hand, I love the comfort of wearing a hoodie and some fitted jeans or a sweat suit with some dope kicks.
3. Tell us about your biggest fashion nightmare and if it came true do explain. (attach a picture if you can)
– I haven’t had any fashion nightmares happen (Thank God!). In any occasion though, I would hate for my pants to rip.
4.What are somethings you wanna see more of from your favorite brands?
– I want to see more quality and versatility. Most brands that do offer Big and Tall clothing have poor quality. The sleeve of a T-shirt may have a wide fit or the jeans may not be tapered.
5.Where do you see yourself in five years and how do you see yourself accomplishing it?
– In five years, I definitely see myself modeling full-time. I believe this is only the beginning of something revolutionary for Big and Tall men. In all things, I want to encourage people to know that God has equipped you with everything you need right now. Whatever it is you want to do, walk in faith and DO IT!
6. What’s the biggest misconception you hear about Big & Tall Guys?
– A huge misconception I’ve heard is that Big and Tall men aren’t as stylish as “regular-sized” men.
7. If you could swap styles with one celebrity who would it be and why?
– I would definitely have to say Tom Ford. His style is super classy but easy to dress down if need be.