XL’s Featured Tribe’s Men Of The Week Joevan J. Palmer
1. What are some of your biggest fashion obstacles?
Finding affordable and quality clothes have always been my issue. Either they’re too expensive or cheap and low quality that ends up tearing after some wears
2. Where are you from and how you describe your style?
Syracuse, NY – My style is quite laxed and urban. Jeans and Tee/Button down with a pair of kicks or loafers.
3. Tell us about your biggest fashion nightmare and if it came true do explain. (attach a picture if you can) My biggest fashion nightmare… I ordered a tux for my moms 50th birthday party and the shirt they gave me was 5xs too small. Luckily I shaved my chest the night before for some odd reason and what I thought turned into a nightmare, turned out pretty well with confidence behind it.
4. What are your 2019 goals?
Lose 100lbs, do better in business/school and step up my fashion game. I’m pretty basic.
5. Where do you see yourself in five years and how do you see yourself accomplishing it?
In 5 years I see myself in the starting phase of my own non-profit and mental health counseling agency. I see myself accomplishing this by continuing this school journey and continue working in the field.
6. How long have you been on the journey of being a Big & Tall man? What’s the biggest misconception you hear about Big & Tall Guys? – ALL MY LIFE I HAD TO FIGHT!! But pretty much a vast majority of my life I have been the plus-sized guy in my crew. The biggest misconception as a Big & Tall guy is “Why aren’t you playing sports, a big guy like yourself should be on the field somewhere”. Everyone believes that you should be playing some sort of sport due to your weight and size.
7.If you could swap styles with one celebrity who would it be and why?
Hmm, I’m not sure about that one, but if I had to choose off the top of my head I would say, Shemar Moore. He has a really relaxed style that I enjoy myself.
What's Your Reaction?
Hola Mi Tribesmen I guess I’ll start by introducing myself. I’m Kirklan Hawes the Founder and creator of XLTribe.com. This site was birthed from an old idea I had to create a community of like-minded guys that was tired of being miss represented and wanted to be displayed in the truest form. Changing the way Big & Tall Men are perceived is the goal for XLTribe.com.