We present our XL Featured Tribesmen Of The Week Jemal Thomas.
- When the world stopped in 2020 what was some of your goal for that year?
- When the world stopped due to Covid, I was actually just releasing my first book called Memoirs of The Heart which sold out. It allowed me time to see what people needed to keep themselves company and a good book is always a good thing. I took that time to reflect on goals that are now in the works. I planned on revamping my first book, which I released this year, work on other ways to make money and started my business of making beads called Wrist Factor, save money and just work on being a better me on the inside!
- What’s one misconception about Big & Tall Men that you hear often? And what are you doing to change it?
- The biggest misconception of men who are in the Big & Tall range are that they have low self-esteem or they are not fly and the world could not be more wrong.
- If your favorite Big & Tall brand gave you a million dollars what would you do with it?
- If I were to make a million dollars I would first and foremost give my 10% to God, invest in stocks and add more to my savings and my son’s savings. I would then get rid of some debt and pour back into the community and the brand who blessed me with those funds.
- What’s been your worst shopping experience? And why?
- I remembered going into to a few department stores because shopping can be all an all day thing and stressful especially when you’re trying to dress for the body you have and not the body you want! This particular day I was looking for something to wear to church to be uniformed with the rest of my members and nothing fit my thighs or was too tight around the midsection and I just remembered not seeing really nice items go above a certain size and I ended up having to put something together in my closet because I just could not fit anything in any stores and I went in 6 stores. It was a bad experience because I had friends with me who could go in and pick out an outside or jeans that I couldn’t and it made me feel small.
- What’s on your fashion bucket list?
- I’ve always wanted to go to Fashion Week in New York just to be in a room full of beautiful people who love fashion and showcase it. I would actually love to be a Savage X Fenty model too. A guy can dream right?
XL Featured Tribesmen Of The Week Jemal Thomas
Follow Jemal Thomas on Twitter @damnhetweetin
August 14, 2021