So yall know Im a Plus Size A&R right. This weeks XL’s Featured Tribesmen Of The Week is Charles Simonson.
- When the world stopped in 2020 what was some of your goal for that year?
- The biggest goal(s) in 2020 once the pandemic happened was to successfully complete my Master’s program and to move into a new State to receive a fresher view of the world! I was successful at both and then some! Landed in my career path as a Student Affairs Professional while still being able to create a dance fitness business (Shake & Sweat Dance Fitness)
- What’s one misconception about Big & Tall Men that you hear often ? And what are you doing to change it ?
- The biggest misconception about Big and Tall Men is that we’re sloppy and aren’t stylish and cannot do what smaller men can do! Seemingly, we are taking over and changing some of that misconception. I’ve been working to fully change the view of that ridiculous assumption. One way is through my content, I’m a solid 280-pound man who got the knees of Megan Thee Stallion and loves to wear some of the most fashionable clothing as I am showcasing my talents. I put on for the bigger body men by dressing up in clothes that accentuate my body and dance freely as if I weighed 160 pounds.
- If your favorite Big & Tall brand gave you a million dollars what would you do with it ?
- If I (Charles Simonson) was gifted with a million dollars from my favorite Big and Tall brand, I would definitely contribute to my business, family, friends, and my community to help create generational wealth! As a humanitarian and natural healer through my infectious positive energy, I would love to create a space for my folx to have something for themselves and generations to come! I’m all about growth and if I can help with funding other’s dreams and mine, that would make my heart full!
- What’s been your worst shopping experience ? And why ?
- Worst shopping experience is going into large brand stores and trying what I would think is true to size and it doesn’t fit! This makes me wonder many things such as, “Am I gaining too much weight?”, “I’m too big and this is ridiculous” This results in me leaving the store within 20 mins with the feeling that I won’t ever find the cute stuff smaller people wear because clothing brands do not take the time to create clothing for bodies like mine!
- What’s on your fashion bucket list ?
- I (Charles Simonson) would love to do a semi naked fashion shoot! Something highly sexy and tasteful but with hella sass! Show the world big and tall Men can work these curves too!
Follow Charles Simonson on IG @shakeandsweat_
What's Your Reaction?
Hola Mi Tribesmen I guess I’ll start by introducing myself. I’m Kirklan Hawes the Founder and creator of XLTribe.com. This site was birthed from an old idea I had to create a community of like-minded guys that was tired of being miss represented and wanted to be displayed in the truest form. Changing the way Big & Tall Men are perceived is the goal for XLTribe.com.