XL’s Featured Tribesmen Of The Week Carmine Davis
1. What are your biggest fashion obstacles?:
I would say always finding shirts that are long enough because I love oversized tees. Also, finding jeans or pants that give me the best thigh to waist ratio is often times daunting. Calvin Klein and does a great job though!
2. Where are you from and what are biggest fashion trends in your city?:
I was raised in Pearl, MS but I live in Atlanta, GA. I guess the biggest trend her is mixed patterned tees and mesh or destroyed tees. Both I think are really tacky. Haha.
3. Tell us about your biggest fashion nightmare and if it came true do explain. (attach a picture if you can):
I think my biggest fashion nightmare is when I get those holes in the middle crotch of my jeans – the thick thighed people know what I’m talking about – that they’d get so big and eventually rip in public. That hasn’t happened yet but I do need to learn to throw away the jeans with little holes in them. Haha.
4. What are some of your biggest style inspirations?:
I simply bounce back and forth from east to west coast all the time. I love the casual, sexy, too-cool feels of LA fashion and I love the harder, pattern-driven, darker feel of east coast street wear.
I love topping them off with accessories with energy or of the mystical sort but also everyone knows gold is my everything. I love mixing patterns with bold colors or really down, earth tones with overly casual clothing and matching it with chunky accessories.
I guess I draw inspirations or see my style in Gwen Stefani, Kanye West, Stevie Nicks, Rhuigi Villaseñior, Lil’ Kim, Jaden Smith, I love A$AP Rocky’s style.
5. Where do you see yourself in five years and how do you see yourself accomplishing it?: I see myself finished with this record, touring with my team!
6. What do you feel is missing in fashion for the men of size?
Thoughtfulness. I just think there are so many different sizes in between that we don’t consider.