If you click on any links on this site XL Tribe May receive compensation from the affiliate links of the companies mentioned in this post.
XL’s Featured Tribe Men Of The Week Christian King
1. What are your biggest fashion obstacles?
My biggest fashion obstacle or challenge has been not simplifying my aesthetic because of the limitation of clothing that comes in my size.
Where are you from and how you describe your style?
2. I am from Harlem NYC and I describe my style as edgy brute street style.
3. Tell us about your biggest fashion nightmare and if it came true do explain. (attach a picture if you can)
My biggest fashion nightmare is to go somewhere be totally uncomfortable with my fit. Like, it’s happened to me before and it was tragic. I was far away from home and I just had to be totally discreet with this terribly tight and ripping outfit lol!
4. What are some things you wanna see more of from your favorite brands?
From my favorite brands, I would love to see… uhhhh…. BETTER SIZES! Lol Of Course but I’m still in the process of changing my body so that I can fit the clothes I like better.
5. Where do you see yourself in five years and how do you see yourself accomplishing it?
In 5 years I see myself as an established brand reaching and inspiring more young men such as myself to have sought out their unique purpose designed by God…. and making it look cool lol. I plan to achieve this with diligence and consistency. My pastor always says “If you don’t quit you’ll make it”.
6. How long have you been on the journey of being a Big & Tall man? What’s the biggest misconception you hear about Big & Tall Guys?
6. Sometimes I feel creativity is missing from fashion for men of size. It’s like going into a store and seeing a pair of jeans in a certain wash and finding out that they don’t make that specific wash in my size.
7. If you could swap styles with one celebrity who would it be and why?
I wouldn’t swap styles with anyone. I’d swap body type before I swap a style! Lol I love my style… it’s liberating.
What's Your Reaction?
Hola Mi Tribesmen I guess I’ll start by introducing myself. I’m Kirklan Hawes the Founder and creator of XLTribe.com. This site was birthed from an old idea I had to create a community of like-minded guys that was tired of being miss represent and wanted to be displayed in the truest form. Changing the way Big & Tall Men are perceived is the goal for XLTribe.com.