XL’s Featured Tribesmen Of The Week Marcus Sales is a pick I found on Reddit but Im so glad I did. Read up y’all….
- There are so many fashion brands available now, what do you still think is missing in menswear?
I feel like high quality, sustainable basics are still in short supply from many brands. While I love fashion, it is highly wasteful with a lot of excess waste as fast fashion is king. I’d love to see more sustainable and earth-friendly options that look great.
2. What are some of your personal for the second half of 2020 goals ?
As a big guy, I’d always like to get in shape lol but also what to be mentally fit. My goal is to get back into college this year to finish my degree.
3. What are some of your favorite brands and why?
Aimé Leon Dore and Kith are two of my favorite large brands because of Aimé’s high attention to detail and elevated basics and Kith because of his marketing genius when it comes to the brands and partnerships he chooses to engage with. Ronnie does great with keeping his brand consistent. Lastly, my cousins brand Aerogant Apparel Co. because he runs it like a family and a business. We all have a creative input and he has a clear idea of what he wants to execute.
4. How long have you been on the journey of being a Big & Tall man? What’s the biggest misconception you hear about Big & Tall Guys?
I’ve been on the big journey ever since I was a teenager. Even when I was in the Military, I definitely wasn’t considered small. I think the biggest misconception about big and tall guys is that we are sloppy or don’t care about our health or our looks.
5. If you could swap styles with one celebrity who would it be and why?
Winston Duke from Black Panther is a huge style icon to me. He has a timeless classic look that’s tinged with streetwear and it’s dope.
XL’s Featured Tribesmen Of The Week Marcus Sales. On our weekly post. Follow him on Instagram Low_End_Theory.